*morning Dew*

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by opher, Jul 10, 2006.

1. opher

opher LawnSite Member

Friday evening I got a call from a realator co. that we have been working for and she needed a lawn cut saturday A.M. before 9:00, I was open and said yes I will do it, anyhow the grass had heavy dew on it and I had problems with clumping and the grass clogging up in the deck, is that normal?:confused: I have a new EX-MARK 48" TT 17 h.p. kaw. ( using factory blades) Any help would be great. We are currently cutting late afternoons and have not had this problem before. If this is normal, does everybody start when the dew is gone?

Thanks OPHER
    :usflag:

2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

yea, its generally a problem for most people, i had moist grass this morning, i just bag it, or go over it again if I have too

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah the dew is something that we deal with here in the mornings also. Alot of the stuff on our routes in the mornings get bagged for a few reasons.

1. Its just faster to bag the wet stuff and get out of there
    2. There higher end accounts

4. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you haven't tried Fluid Film yet, give it a try. Just apply a good spray before you mow. It should help alleviate some of the problem.

If you've never tried Fluid Film, just write to me and I'll ship out a sample can for free. Can't beat that deal. Don't forget to check out our forum and leave a comment or question.