Moronic idiots

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by lawnman_scott, Nov 14, 2011.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Some dumb ass got caught by a neighbor in my truck today and the guy followed him but lost him. The foreigner was on a bike and said he was working with me then took off. Idiot took my wallet but nothing else. So I am out $13, an old wallet and my time at the DMV. Just a question for you guys that claim to carry guns. What would you do if you had caught him?

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Their gun would have been stolen out of the truck and they would sure be sorry!

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Pointed it at his head and told him to get on the ground till the cops got there.

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

And if he didnt stop? Criminals are not to bright.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Not much ya can do then. Cant shoot a man who is running away and poses no threat.

6. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

In Texas you shoot first, ask questions later. Texas is a Castle Doctrine state. I like this because it drastically reduces crime. I don't fear theft as much here like other states. You can chase someone that has stolen from you, shoot even if they retreat. In Texas you cant open carry, and must have a conceal and carry license to carry a hand gun. Now the state has allowed you to carry a hand gun in your vehicle if you are "traveling". "Traveling" is loosely defined and is still being debated here.

Personally I dont have a concealed hand gun license, so I only carry when I go out of town. If I were robbed AND had my gun on me, yes, I would shoot to protect my property.

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

your crime rate is 5.25. National average is 4.5. CT is 2.96. Yea, working great!

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Am i the only one who thinks its idiotic to shoot someone to protect their property? I mean, you have to be real messed up to do that. I have insurance to cover stolen property anyway. This year alone i have detained over 30 people for taking something that did not belong to them (aka stealing). Not once did i consider shooting them.

9. BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I carry and I would have held him till the police arrived. While sometimes I do wish that sc was like texas in shoot to protect property I'm not gonna say I would shoot first. Depends on what going on, but to answer the question as to if they run and you have them at gun point. In SC it is illeagel to shoot. Chasing them and detaining them is ok and there is nothing it the sc code about being nice and gentle. (i checked)

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

believe me, your not the only one. its disgusting.