moronic lawn company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

so i am on my way to kinkos in sarasota today (heavy rain/t-showers) since i could not do anything today. and to my surprise the countys sub out lawn care is mowing/trimming the Medan strip in 3 Dixie choppers. in the rain and lighting. what kind of idiots are they?

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people are stupid.

3. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

That is pretty moronic...We NEVER do that

4. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

thats Florida for ya , if you went by a golf course am sure someone was playing :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

It's not just Florida. Last week there was a guy here mowing a commercial property trying to beat the snow showers. Guess nobody ever told him that using a heavy mower like a ZTR on dormant grass is a bad idea.

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

We worked all morning, but it was only light to moderate rain and no lightning.

7. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I met a property manager on a site and was walking the property with him, when their current contractor showed up and started mowing. This was last month and there was a heavy frost on the ground, not to mention the temp was about 25 degrees that morning. Some people have no sense!

8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

its been raining here since 3am. and to think i was also going to fix my car audio too today after work :angry:

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Is't called a Fee Service type job....when I worked at Landcare we were famous for it. as long as we made to the site and cut the grass we were able to bill for it....as one full cut....I'd never try with a good client, but the government seems pretty easy to pull the wool over...

I spoke with my parent this morning(they live in Englewood) I could hear the thunder in the background.....

10. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

I was meeting with the property manager of a local vo-tech school, he said he was happy with the current service..."rain or shine" they were always there as scheduled. I guess it's a perception of good service to work under adverse conditions.