'Mosquito Barrier' - our customers' choice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

How long does Mosquito Barrier last on wood structures?

2. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

is there a dealer network? American where you get yours from? Im am in MN would like to buy some from a dealer vs internet. However, buy it where I can.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We get the best price from Tech-Terra. (a lawnsite.com sponsor) phasthound (Barry) is their rep here on lawnsite. Best price = ordering at least four gallons at a time. Takes about a week for delivery. Product comes from California. It also stores very well (in a heated garage) for next year.

You can also buy it on ebay, as well as http://www.mosquitobarrier.com, but you will pay more.

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks Larry.

For anyone interested in this product and many others, please check our website below. You won't find this product there yet, but we will give you the best price available for a case. You may contact us at info@techterraorganics.com.

5. Bwing96

Bwing96 LawnSite Member

What is the minimum and maximum amount of water used to apply MB ?
    I would hate to dilute it too much,but want to make sure I get enough so it will work like it's supposed to.

6. americanlawn

from midwest

Hey bud -- I plan to mix it at two gallons per 50 gallons of water instead of 75 gallons. Got a call from just one customer today saying it didn't last cuz it rained shortly afterwards. Two gallons in 50 gallons of water will certainly do the job.

That's what i'll do from now on - I'll just charge more. Even thought the previous rate worked well for years.

7. Bwing96

Bwing96 LawnSite Member

8. Summett

Summett LawnSite Member

Americanlawn, do you see a decrease in effectiveness if you're spraying on a lawn that is irrigated. I see from the manufacturer website that a 48 hr dry spell is recommended when spraying, but it also says that it "will be ok thru about 2-3 moderate rain showers." How about irrigated areas?

9. americanlawn

from midwest

Bwing96 -- Nice set-up buddy!

Summett -- We received 1.4 inches of rain yesterday as well as light showers days before that. I mixed up 75 gallons (3 quarts of Mosquito Barrier) & sprayed 3 properties on the morning of July 4th. 1) our home, 2) daughter's home, 3) office next door rental home. So far, not a single mosquito bite.

I don't know how frequent irrigation affects the longevity, but most skiters hang out in shrubs, ornamental beds, etc anyway.

Here's a pic of our home (650 X 135 feet), about 2 acres. I walked along the perimeter of our property a few minutes ago, and I did not see any skiters whatsoever.

All I know is it works great. Thanks. :waving:

p.s. that's a Chevy Avalanche on the left, a John Deere Gator on the right, and an American flag in the middle. Visitors with foreign cars are politely asked to 'park across the street'. :usflag:
    our lawn.jpg

10. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

Americanlawn, do you spray every square foot of your lawn including the house, driveway, walks and so on? Also how long till you notice a difference. Once I sprayed the day before and once the morning of a party and both time didn't seem to really work. Both times i resprayed the main areas of the party and worked great the rest of the night. Not sure if maybe it should be being done sooner. Any suggestions?