mosquito spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by larry1189, Oct 3, 2005.

1. larry1189

larry1189 LawnSite Member

Anyone offer mosquito spraying. If so tell me alittle about what you think of it and is it profitable? Worth it? Ect....

2. pushu2

pushu2 LawnSite Member

What type of spraying are you wanting to do?
    Individual homes, the entire city? It makes a difference in what you buy, how you license etc.

3. larry1189

larry1189 LawnSite Member

individual homes is what I sort of thought about.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Larry

Living in the Bug Capital of America we consider the Mosquito the State Bird. Because the State of Florida does so much Mosquito spraying I have never gotten into it. Therefore I have never studied it either. But My take is unless you can do wide areas, individual residential spraying would be of little use if the area around it is not treated. Mosquito are airborne insects and will go where the wind takes them.

5. pushu2

pushu2 LawnSite Member

We are spraying the lawns and trees up about 8ft every four weeks to control these little pests. It works quite well. We use Demand Cs at label rate spraying everything. When the mosquito lands or any insect for that matter, they break the capsule and are killed. I live near a pond and hated going outside. Since we started this program, I've been able to go out again. We've sold nearly 400 of these sprays this year and hope to double it next year.

6. pushu2

pushu2 LawnSite Member

We are spraying the lawns and trees up about 8ft every four weeks to control these little pests. It works quite well. We use Demand Cs at label rate spraying everything. When the mosquito lands or any insect for that matter, they break the capsule and are killed. I live near a pond and hated going outside. Since we started this program, I've been able to go out again. We've sold nearly 400 of these sprays this year and hope to double it next year. :blob3:

7. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I tried mosquito barrier this year.
    I mixed it with soap, oil and a little Tempo.
    I sprayed my own property and the neighbor beside me in late June.
    We are just seeing mosquitoes again.

I will find a way to offer this next year.