1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Moss control

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by battags, Dec 16, 2004.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Does Lesco sell any products that are marketed directly for moss control? I know lime can be used to change the ph in the hopes of controlling moss but are there any other products?

I had a customer call me yesterday (after getting 9" of snow) and said that guy who owns a local nursery told her that this was the best time of year to treat for moss. I had never hear of this before but she is convinced that she needs something for moss after the this snow melts back.

The causation of her moss problem fall on deaf ears. She doesn't want to do anything with her draininage problems or thinning back her overgrown trees. She is widowed and remembers something that her late husband put down to control the moss.

Please Help!!

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Everything we've seen is temporary at best, so we don't have anything that really works for moss control. Some folks will use Iron sulfate products to yellow out the moss, but that's a short-term solution. You're right that to fix the problem the customer needs to address the cultural issues of lack of sunlight and excess moisture.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help here,