1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Moss killer for Green

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Jingshiou, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Jingshiou

Jingshiou LawnSite Member
    from Taiwan

I need the products of moss killer for green. Would you give me any suggestion? :eek:

2. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

Hi and welcome to Lawnsite :) If your asking about moss control for turf, look for a granular product that contais ferris sulfate. For a liquid I think it's called ferric sulfate anhydrous. For non turf use, roofs, sidewalks and the such, look for a product with a Zink compound. I want to say zink chloride but I'm not sure, but that rings a bell. Hope this helps.....Oly

3. Jingshiou

from Taiwan

Oly, thanks a lot.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If it's not on turf, I use a bleach and water mix, works great.

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Also determine why you have moss on the green...perhaps you should look at your aeration and verticutting practives and increase their frequency and depth. Also look at your watering practices, perhaps you are overwatering.

6. All Season Bill

All Season Bill LawnSite Member

I've used DeMoss in the past however even after it dies you still have to sort of rake it off. I just save on herbicide and rake it.
    Yes, I agree with SodKing. Find the problem first- shaded damp area? - ph imbalance? - compacted soil?

7. Jingshiou

from Taiwan

Thank you so much for your suggection. I will practice them on the rainy season this year.
    Now, I got one new question that I want to import seaweed product. Seaweed have many advantage for plant. Would you prodvice me any application of seaweed product on turf?
    Thank you.

8. Jingshiou

from Taiwan

I want to import seaweed product. Seaweed have many advantage for plant. Would you prodvice me any application of seaweed product on turf?
    Thank you.:rolleyes:

9. Jingshiou

from Taiwan

I want to import seaweed product. Seaweed have many advantage for plant. Would you prodvice me any application of seaweed product on turf?
    Thank you.:rolleyes:

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I tested a seaweed product...makes you want to regurgitate!