Moss killer for Green

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Jingshiou, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Jingshiou

Jingshiou LawnSite Member
    from Taiwan

Sodking, thanks for your advise.

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I have read some studies concerning seaweed extracts and its benefits for turf and the soil. It has some very good attributes. It just smells bad.

3. Jingshiou

from Taiwan

My moss problems source from accumulating of the large rainfall.
    All Season Bill, would you provide me the more detail information about Demoss moss & algicide? Such as application, who manufactures, where to buy it, etc.... Thank you very much.

4. Jingshiou

from Taiwan

SodKing, smells bad it is a big problem. I want to apply to golf course greens. It could bring complaint from customers.

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Daconil will alleviate moss problems on greens.

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you still buy Daconil? also I didn't think it was labeled for moss...

7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, Daconil Ultra is still around. Also sold under other brand names as well. It is labeled for algae control on greens. I know moss is not algae, but since the same environmental conditions favor both and they commonly occur together, the daconil will control it (at least in my experience). Now, before I get jumped on here for applying a pesticide to a non labeled pest, I don't apply if the algae isn't present, but since I've used Dac. in a preventative fungus program that is when I noticed the correlation. Jingshiou, the thread starter, is in another country, so he may have to check to see what laws apply there. I also noticed if there was a heavy infestation of moss, the Daconil didn't do too much to it. You have to get to the moss when it's quite young to be effective. Otherwise, ferrous sulfate is the only product I know of to control moss. I hope that clears up any confusion.

8. Stuckwithit

Stuckwithit LawnSite Member

mix up soap and water and spray the areas. works great and very cost-effective.