Moss Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by zinkjo, Mar 31, 2007.

1. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

Just meant with a potential customer. We offer a 6 step program for most customers, but this guy has a serious moss problem. I've never treated moss before (only been doing ferts for 2 years). His lawn does not get a ton of sun. How hard is this to treat? What would you recommend?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

While I'm not arguing with the customer about what causes the moss, I also question what am I supposed to think when I look at a yard that looks like absolutely nothing has been done to it in the past 15 years?

Tell him you can start as soon as he's ready to spend upwards of 700 / year, lol.
    I'm sorry, I just don't know how else to approach this, it's going to cost that much to get it there.
    Ok, maybe a little less but 2-300 ain't gonna do it, neither is 400, 500 might but it's a big maybe.
    Oh, and that cost is per 1/4 acre of turf.

And I just don't see this guy wanting to spend that much, I see him as another one of the folks thinking 1-200 is going to turn his lawn from a total failure into a beauty for that, but I could be wrong.

3. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Read the post--answers are there.