Most Aerations?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by titanlawns, Jan 25, 2007.

1. titanlawns

titanlawns LawnSite Member

How many aerations do you do a year? Whats the most anyone has done?

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We do 2 thats the most we have ever done:waving:

3. Primolawn

Primolawn LawnSite Member

We did between 50-60 last season.
    Are you trying to determine if owning a machine is worth the money? How many do you do?

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

My bad I didnt read the question fully:hammerhead: My answer was per customer. We did around 56 or so.:drinkup:

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I think I did around 60 or 70 last year.

6. Primolawn

Primolawn LawnSite Member

What are you guys using?? I know there are a lot of people who bash bluebird but we have 2 - 424's and have had no problems.

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Ryan Aerator & a pull-behind on the Z (can't remember the brand, but not a homeowner one).

8. titanlawns

titanlawns LawnSite Member

I dont do any yet, I am working on starting this year. I was trying to determine if owning the equipment was worth it, as well, if people were doing a lot of them.

My plan was to lead with an aeration campaign to start off the year along with spring clean-ups and the go into the mow season.

Any other ideas for leading off the year, promotions that work, etc? Thanks!

9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We had a goal of $10000. last season. We did $10500. Approximately 80% of this aeration was done with our tractor.

10. 9Tman

9Tman LawnSite Member

I typically do 1 in the fall, and sometimes 1 in the spring, (if it's been dry).

A question: Is anyone aware of an aerator brand that allow for 4" plugs? The brands I have used normally only allow for 2", but I have a potential client that says the company that normally aerates her lawn leaves 4" plugs. Any thoughts? Thanks