Most Affordable Dual Hydros?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jiacovino, Jun 9, 2009.

1. jiacovino

jiacovino LawnSite Member

I have a pretty good operation going with just a 36'' Belt Driven WB, trim mower, trimmer, etc.

I was thinking about upgrading to a dual hydro with a sulky to increase my productivity.

It seems like most dual hyrdro's are in the $5000s. The BOP's range from $3100 to $3500, the Hustler TrimStar is around $4000, and the the 36'' Wright Stander is around $4600. Are there any other Dual Hydro's priced under $5000?

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

EverRide Scorpion FX 34"

3. zman2307

zman2307 LawnSite Senior Member
    from OR

possibly Gravely.

4. jiacovino

Do you know the prices on either of those?

5. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm gonna say it before anyone else does:

The Better Outdoor Products Quick 36 Dually.

There. Now no one can say the BOP guys are being biased, because I don't have one :)

6. jiacovino

I really have been considering the BOP 36'' but am worried about some of the things I've read in the threads.

I realize pretty much any mower will clog up in wet grass, but if a Quick does so any more or any faster that the BobCat I'm running now, then I want to stay away from it.

I also think I'd have to invest in an accelerator catcher for the BOP, because the Grass Gobbler i have now would probably be too heavy.

--Investing in a BOP Quick Dually, sulky, and accelerator probably puts me in that $4000+ area.

7. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    from WI

Great Dane Surfer :usflag:

8. jiacovino

What's the price range on the Surfer, do you know?

--and I've read that the Stander is better (probably opinion though)

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Your right, it will. However, you'll have a Accelerator catcher (Landscaper Pro kit is perfect), stepsaver and a great cutting mower. I don't let others experience make the decision whether I buy something. I've come to the conclusion that ANY mower will clog up in "wet" long grass. After mowing the last few times in "wet" grass, I've found that even the Velocity Plus deck will clog up, so bad that the left blade was leaving a mowhawk. I'd stop for a second or 2 and it would billow out large clumps of grass. I also have the bagger baffle installed which I contribute to the clogging. Even with that said, I can't see why the BOP mower WON'T be right for me. My bet is, the 36 dually will stripe great and cut some grass too. :) My Scag stripes and cuts great too. Nice wide stripes out front @ my place. Can't wait to cut it with the 36 dually. I'll post pic of the same shot only cut with my dually.
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure most of us debating the BOP mowers have seen the pics of the finished cut in the "family photos" section on BOP's website.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    from WI

I bought my brand new 52" Surfer with a kawasaki 19hp for $4000.00
    Everride Scorpion is the same machine.
    I was looking at a 52"Wright because I already have a 48" wright and love it.
    The price difference was over $2000.00 so I went with the Dane. No regrets.