1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

most BLACK looking decorative type stone? suppliers? names?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Im not familiar with many stone types. I only use a few colors in small quantities if customers inquire about it. I have a large job for march 06 comming up that the customer is now going from mulch to requesting BLACK stone around his huge pool. The pool is an L shape and im looking to cover an area after trees are put in about 200ft long around the pool and 6-12ft in depth from the cement to the fence.

Ive seen black onyx rock, river rocks that are flatter pebble like, ive found a couple like this ONLY in suppliers FAR away in other states and for $50~ a bag, id need about 2-3 tons worth of rock. Bags would cost around 30,000$ just in rock! The customer isnt too concerned about its price but 30k will knock his socks off.

Any suggestions on what types of rock i should search for and going prices per yard or ton, truckload would help, thanks!:)

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member