Most Comfortable Mower?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by recycledsole, Oct 25, 2013.

?

Mower

1. ZTR (seated)

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Stander

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Walk Behind

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hey guys,
    Which type of mower is the most comfortable to use?

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe the ferris full suspension. I like wright standers

3. recycledsole

from MD

Thanks, the info I am trying to get is if riding mowers or standers are more comfortable / less wear and tare on the body
    thanks so much

4. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

Personally I like out front mowers like the f series Kubota, I run three out front mowers in the fleet. Ransome's parkway, Shibaura cm364 and Amazon's profihopper. I took a demo of a Wright's stander and didn't like it. I am not say I they are a bad machine, just wasn't suitable for my requirements.

5. recycledsole

from MD

Thanks for your input.
    I demoed the wrights today- stander x 52, stander I 48, and sport x 61. the sport x is so comfortable the suspension seat is really awesome

6. Tanum

Tanum LawnSite Member

Which would you prefer stand all day or sit all day? I found the stand on mower was great for small cutting, but standing all day on one is hard on the legs and back.

7. recycledsole

from MD

yea, I MUCH prefer to sit. standing was hard on the knees. as soon as I sat down I felt more relaxed.

8. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Standers are much better than walk behinds. My rider is older though, so when I'm on a bumpy lawn it kills my back (even though I'm still a teenager). Riders might be the most comfortable, but I think that the Vantage is the most comfortable because of being able to walk or stand with it.