most common brand of mower used for professional venues?

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by JacksonLawns, Jun 24, 2008.

1. JacksonLawns

JacksonLawns LawnSite Member

I am just curious what brand of mower is most commonly used for professional stadium grounds crews. I have done some searching on this site and on google with little luck. It is nothing more than curiousity. I just wondered if there was a "standard" brand across the board or if it was similar to on hear where it is a wide variety.

2. grassman83

grassman83 LawnSite Member

I am the head for the Texans and we use Toro.

3. JacksonLawns

how often do you guys mow the field? What model of toro? thanks for the answers.

4. grassman83

grassman83 LawnSite Member

Our goal is to mow everyday. Realistically we average about 5-6 days a week. We use 1 5500, 1 3100, 2 3250, and a walk behind greens mower.

5. lawnboyscsra

lawnboyscsra LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

We use Toro & John Deere at our complexes. I would venture to say that toro is used most often.

6. RD 12

RD 12 LawnSite Member

I use scags, and I'm cutting Bermuda sometimes 3 times a week.

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

lol scags, they are talking athletic turf.

Jacobsen and Toro follwed by suhamn by far the most common of the three is Toro

8. JacksonLawns

I had no idea that you guys cut those fields that often. You guys do awesome work. I was just curious to the frequency and equipment. Thanks for the answers.

9. Lil'MowinMan93

Lil'MowinMan93 LawnSite Member

at the indians and lake county captains they use hustler i think. i kno captains for sure but idk bout the indians

10. steve18974

steve18974 LawnSite Member

we have 2 gravelyZ's 60" and 42 " during peak season we will try to cut 3 x week

all soccer fields and picnic areas