Most effective setup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by realtree27, Feb 14, 2007.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

Hey guys,
    Iam wondering what is the best setup as far as how many mowers, what kind, ztr, wb, or just reg push mowers and how many trimmers edgers and blowers u guys run?
    I mow anything from 2 acres all the way down to small 1\8 acre yards! thanks for the help!

Oh and i know i have a 60 inch ztr already so i gotta have that!
  2. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

Here is what I have for set ups.

Set up/Crew 1. 2 workers, Truck with ramps, 36" walk-behind, 2 string trimmers, 1 edger, 1 blower. This set up is what I send out for small properties 1/10 acre-1/2.

Set up/Crew 2. 2 workers, Truck, 6 1/2X12 trailer, 48" walk-behind, 36" walk-behind, 2 string trimmers, 1 edger, 1 blower. This set up is what I send out for 1/2 acre - 1 acre properties.

Set up/Crew 3. 3-4 workers, Crew Cab Truck, 7X16 trailer, 2 ZTR's, 36" walk-behind, 2 string trimmers, 1 edger, 2 blowers. This set up is what I send out for the HOA's, Churches, and Factories with larger areas to maintain.

These are my standard set ups, and can be arranged on specific needs. Mostly the same workers work the same routes, and always use the same equipment, so they are familiar with it, and this way I can hold the responsible for it.

When I first started to get big. I used a 7X16 trailer with ZTR, 48" walk-behind, and 36" walk-behind, 3 string trimmers, 2 edgers, 2 blowers. I carried extra stuff, but I was under the idea that it was better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Good Luck. I hope this helps.
  3. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing crews
    1st - 2 man crew. Ford F450, In the back of the truck 2 trimmers, 1 blower, 1 backpack sprayer, 2 Toro Commerical push mowers, 7x20 trailer, 60" Toro ZTR, 62" 223 Toro. Mainly small to medium residental/commerical/municpal accounts

2nd - 1 or 2 man. Ford F550, 1 trimmer, 1 blower, 1 backpack sprayer, 8x32 trailer, 72" Toro 325, 16ft Toro 580-D. For large residental/commerical/municpal accounts.

Also run a spraying crew, and a landscape crew.