1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Most efficient City mowing truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn_jockey, Jun 4, 2005.

1. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

how do you lock the backpack blower?
  2. Mike's Yard Services

Mike's Yard Services LawnSite Member

Where do you put the Scag 42 or Toro 36?
  3. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

The truck is a 2003 I got with 17000 miles on it. Downtime should be minimal this with the unit but unfortunately it will get minimal use since I got it in service too late to market enough to get the clients to fill it's schedule. It will do approximately 30 yards a day if there are no problems and minimum of $25 yards. so 150 / week that is $3750/week - 1500 labor/week -$75 fuel/week= $2175/week -whatever overhead rolls into this unit you may have. Hope and Pray it doesn't rain except on Saturdays and Sundays.

The walk behind will require a different ramp of course but is doable. Can't lock the backpack with this setup but I bet you could find a good design in the welding forum of this site and prime trailers can add it to this design. Print the pics of the truck and take it to your welder.

Tanner Maxson
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

As I've said before on here, after doing it with a regular little pickup, I've wanted to pick up one of those little dually Toyota trucks, work it over really good and put a custom bed on it.
  5. lawn_jockey

I saw one of those hooked up as a pressure washing unit. It had a V6 like mine and Dually. Looked pretty tuff for for a small truck. Those could handle a Zturn and a couple push mowers. It had the standard flat bed with room on the sides for a couple jockey boxes. I'd like to install two gravity feed fuel tanks. On for mixed and one for straight fuel so that I could refuel the mowers and equipment from a bulk tank. Actually I may add it to this unit before too long.
  6. Wil-Ro mfg. in Gallatin Tn. also does them and very well.
  7. lawn_jockey

I use them for printing only. Don't do the mass mailing. They print full color half page flyers. I gett 1000 for about $50 and they design a kick but flyer

8. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Got mine at Prime trailers too. LOVE IT....Actually I have two of them :) .

One has a 42" wide gate on it and it does carry a 36" TTHP from time to time. I had my gate designed to go to the ground. I put air shocks on the back to handle the load better. My basket is also different, I wanted it to hold more and we just bungee stuff down. Also edgers and trimmers are curb side.

Two guys cut 22 or so in a day with this set up.

I am slowly adding a third guy to cut 30 or so in a day.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Nice Set-Up Clark...Now Get 10 of Those Trucks on the Road and You're On your Way to Fame and Fortune in the Green Industry...

The best part is You are Probably Doing Better w/those 21"'s than Guys Hauling Around 6-10k ZTR's !
  10. lawn_jockey

I will post again once I get decals. I may wrap the whole thing.