Most efficient City mowing truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn_jockey, Jun 4, 2005.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

You guys gotta get some photos of your lawns for us!!! I can't imagine getting 22 lawns done a day with 21" mowers. I'm tired just thinking about it! ;-)
    Show us the kind of lawns you're dealing with.

Lawn Jockey, how many guys do you send out in that Ranger, 2 or 3?
  2. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

No pics available. Most lawns are a few blocks from each other and the total round trip of the day is like 40 miles or less. These lawns are typical small lawns for our area. 5 to 9000 sqft including the house. We will mow lots up to 11 or 1200sqft before getting out the Zturn.

We send out 3 guys.
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

That is a really neat set up there.
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I can totally see 22 lawns with 21's.. Myself included in a three man crew I have knocked out 40 lawns in a day, with 32" mowers, with LOTS of drive time.. Most of those lots could have been done quicker with 21" mowers ( manuverability, etc..).. I can only imagine how much time could be saved with a setup like ya'll's..Not to mention $$$ and gas..
  5. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

can you who use this set up post a pic of the yards you are cutting for $25 and using 21" on. I just dont get it.
  6. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any pics of our lawns either...heck, I have not seen half of them myself :D .

The trick to getting 20 to 22 done with two guys is tight routs. When I started this crew this spring we were only getting 15 done, due to more drive time. The more customers I pick up in an area the quicker we get. We have quite a few streets where we do 3 or 4 lawns.
  7. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

Man y'all have to get one of these trucks. Can't wait to step out of it next year not having to worry about the blockhead driver running a trailer into something. These things make small cookie cutter yards so simple to get in and get out. Don't block driveways and can maneuver so much easier. Got the new decals on the truck about 2 weeks ago. I'll take a pic this week.
  8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Let's see those pics!!

Also, did you get a total length of that bed? I'm curious to see if it will fit in my garage. I'd go get one this week if I had time.

9. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

10. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of engine does that have? If you pull a 36" walk-behind, you would probably need the 4.0L, wouldn't you?