Most efficient City mowing truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn_jockey, Jun 4, 2005.

1. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Looks SWEET. :)

2. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

Lawn jockey, I thought about putting 2 gravity feed tanks on my trailer, one for mixed and one for straight. The problem I see is I use alot more straight than mixed, and when I get my new push mower I will use even more straight than now.

I'm lookin at 2 of these I even thought about getting them and getting some air bungs put in them and putting about 5-8lbs of air behind the gas so I wouldn't have to mount them real high on the trailer, but I realize that would be very dangerous. I'm still debating though, a winter project.

BTW, I like your little rig. I have a friend that just wrecked his ranger like that, shoulda bought it from the insurance co. and done something like that.

3. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

nice rig! i like the looks of those.

4. AlbeLawn

AlbeLawn LawnSite Member

Love the way it looks, prefessional and also very efficant.
    HOW MUCH DID IT COST?
    Was it custom built?

Thanks,

Jim

5. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a truck the other day in Kansas City that was an f-250 stretched with a landscaper body like that but it was loaded with at least 6 wright standers. To get away from a trailer is the way to go if you do a lot of small residential customers.

6. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys never have to bag grass? Not even in the spring ;)

7. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

Never have to bag the grass unless it is requested. Probably will bag some with the Perenial Rye this winter. Measurements are coming with the decal pics. Just started reading this thing it's too late to go out to the truck. 1223 am. I am almost positive it will fit in any garage though. It doesn't have much longer of a bed. I still have about 4 extra feet in front of my truck.
    The engine is a 6cyl 3.0L

The truck was about 8700 used 2003 17k miles ford ranger edge.
    The Bed was about $1450.00 We redid the tailgate. Pics will follow next time I am on here. Now it is a bi-fold gate that goes to the ground and has no chains to get in the way.
    The decals cost me about $850 for each side, the hood, and a small metal sign to go in the back. $50 magnets are sounding very cool to me right about now.
    Equipment pkg
    3toros, 2trimmers, 2 edgers, 1 blower, 1 rake shovel and hoe, 1spool of line, 24 edgerblades, 2gas cans, 1 water cooler, 1roll of trash bags, 2 extra bump head spools, and one sprinkler repair kit.

8. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome truck. There is a guy around here with an F350 with an insert like that and he carries a 72" Lazer and a 52" Stander in it with ease.

9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Can't wait to see the pics! Thanks for taking those measurements too BTW.

24 extra edger blades? How fast do you need to change those?

I obviously don't use an edger, but may start next year. :rolleyes:

10. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I don't change them too often. Like one blade a day or day and a half. Gonna walk out to the garage with the camera be back in 20 minutes with all the pics and measurements.