Most efficient City mowing truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn_jockey, Jun 4, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

What's the difference?? A bag of fertilizer, 50 lbs, multiplied by 60, would be 1.5 tons. Or 80 bags would be 2 tons.
  2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i highly doubt a ranger could handle that much in the do know how much a ton is right?
  3. mark_the_psycho

mark_the_psycho LawnSite Member

Yes, when I collected my check at the scrapyard, it was usually for a little over a ton. There was only one time it was over 2 (I think it was 4,200lbs)
  4. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I have to fix up my ranger now...I should have dropped 800 and not the 150 for just the name and number. And from Virginia....Go Cowboys!!! :usflag:
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 3/4 ton Chev and a pallet of fert puts it on it's azz. That's one pallet.
  6. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

Your truck looks GREAT!!!
  7. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I did not actually know that. I am not licensed. I sub out alot of things. Chemicals, tree trimming, sprinkler work, and now we no longer do our own landscape installs. Strictly whittled down to maintenance. No more headaches. :cool2:
  8. lawn_jockey

We only have 180 clients and only 150 stops per week after you take into account the bi weekly. We mow 4 days a week 35 to 38 lawns per day. and do sod installs and Bush and Bed jobs on sat and mondays. This spring we are opening another truck and hope to gain another 75 to 80 clients.

oh yea our average LOT not lawn is 9000ft2 before improvements
  9. lawn_jockey

Check out some more of the local talent. Dang

10. lawn_jockey

JustMowing JustMowit Here is how they were going into 2005. 20 trucks Mike and TJ you guys are not only great businessmen, but you are great mentors. Thanks for the help. Without your advice I would have been bankrupt and probably divorced by now. Tanner Maxson