1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Most efficient way to organize hardscape tools?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Clarkscape, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Clarkscape

Clarkscape LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,
    I have been mostly using five gallon buckets to store my tools. It works but I am trying to be more productive and efficient. Anyone have suggestions (pictures) of a better way?
  2. neighborguy

neighborguy LawnSite Member

As far as hand tools go, I have found that getting tools set up for specific tasks in individual tool boxes helps. I have all my "hardscape' stuff in a Stanley Fat Max (28") that carries all my chisels, 2' levels, trowels, etc. I also have low volt lighting stuff in another box, irrigation repair in another, etc. To me it is easy to just think what I am going to be doing and grab each tool box. Of course I still have sockets and wrenches as a kit.
  3. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the largest tool bag we can find and each hardscape employee has one with the same hand tools, for bigger tools like the saws we use a job box.:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. OSdb

OSdb LawnSite Member

Each hardscape crew gets a job box that is left on site with just about everything they need in it.
  5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Truck box has bags and buckets
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

I see the saw hiding back there, but where are your blades? lol
  7. Clarkscape

Clarkscape LawnSite Member

Appreciate the responses. I like the job box idea...any one type recommended?
  8. Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law LawnSite Member
    from NH

You sure have a lot of shovels.
  9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I love flat shovels.

Latix the blades are in the garage. Its too cold to use them without a shirt

Check craigslist for a job box used. If itss teel and locks its good. Knaack and jobox are a few to look for.
  10. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I got one for sale if anyone is interested.