1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Most Embarrassing Moments In Lawn Care!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by OVO, Jul 24, 2005.

1. OVO

OVO LawnSite Member

Ok ... some of you will think this is funny others will think "Amatuer". I was mowing yesterday in what had to be the absolute hottest day this summer! I'm actually thinking of tips I can place on the "tips" thread and realize I've got to pee REALLY REALLY bad. And I'm thinking to myself, "Well there;s a tip to post, make sure you go to the bathroom before going on your runs because nothing is more unprofessional than using someone bathroom!" SO I finish and I tell you I could taste it and of course I'm just about doing the happy dance when finally I broke down and asked the women if I could please use her bathroom. I went in thinking "ok, in and out - do it quick so they don't think you're rummaging through the medicine cabinet or something". I did my business and went to leave. I unlocked the door and turned the knob but the door wouldn't budge!!!! It took me taking the door off the hinge to get out of this womens bathroom!!! Needless to say I was embarrassed!! She said she was sorry she should have told me not to lock the door cause the knob was broke. All in all I've got her signed up and got paid and learned a valuable lesson to post on an embarrassing moment thread ... "Never, ever use a clients toilet!!" LOL

ok, I've told you mine so what's yours ?
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL now that sounds like something that would happen to me.....

Thanks for sharing,

If need be, Couldn't ya just go behind the fence or inbetween a storage buld.
  3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why an enclosed is perfect, everything is there, just like home, except the a/c!!!! :D
  4. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO ..that was funny ,,,,,happen to me a few time i had to go to the bathroom but load everything up and tell customer i'll be right back lol.......gone pick up parts ,,,,customer dont know any better huh ?.,..lol
  5. LawnProfits

LawnProfits LawnSite Member

LOL, isn't that what gatorade bottles are for!
  6. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I built a deck last month, and while working one day I realized I had to poo-poo very badly. The customer wasn't home, but had left the door unlocked so I could use the potty when they weren't home. I opened the door and quickly realized the family dog was not happy with me coming in the house. I had to go BADLY, like the kind where you start to sweat a little and get slightly dizzy. So, I ran across the street to the neighbors house and asked to use thier bathroom. They were kind hearted folks and understood my predicament. I almost crapped my pants before I could get them off, but no...ahhh...sweet relief. After 10 min or so in this strangers bathroom I began to notice a horrible odor eminating from the porcelin bowl. I performed the courtesy flush, sprayed a little of the glade, but to no avail. After 15 min I decided I had done enough damage to the painted walls, and was a little embarassed about coming out to see this new person. I looked around for the striking paper...looked...looked...WHERE THE HELL IS THE PAPER!!!! I hope they weren't too attached to pages 16- 39 of the cabelas archery catalog. :dizzy:
  7. The Grass Amputator

The Grass Amputator LawnSite Member

Last month, I was mowing one the larger schools I have a contract for. Middle of the summer, no staff at the school. The telltale signs started with the hairs of my arms standing on ends, followed by the notorious chillbumps. Knowing that nobody was in the school, I am wondering "What am I gonna do?"

I've got a jumper in the door, I don't have my artificial leg on, and my crutches are on my trailer way on the other side of the school..... So, I nose the mower toward the football field and head off to the other side, where there are woods.....

I'm thanking the Good Lord that it's an isolated area, not near a residential neighborhood. As I'm finishing up my business, I look up and see a flock of about 17-19 turkeys looking at me...I holler "Go on, now!" (But, thank God it was just turkeys...)
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I keep an empty 32 oz. bottle in the truck for this problem but again, remember to use the bathroom before heading out because it really IS unprofessional to have to go whiz once you're there, imo. And far as using an empty bottle in the truck, you really HAVE to be able to taste it OR tears come out your eyes before you'll be able to go in this manner, at least that's been my experience.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've done that, too, except I unhook the trailer and leave wb + trailer there... Same thing: Gone to get some parts, lol, and the truck is much nimbler without all the extra trailer crap.
  10. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Enclosed Trailer, 5 gal bucket for emergencies ONLY.