Most expesive home in town!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lampeslawnservice, Mar 8, 2005.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys just got an approval on an estimate for mowing the most expensive home in town. I'm so tickled had to tell someone. The lady said she was going to go with me instead of last years contract even though I was $15 more expensive than him. She wants the more personal touch that I give. He owns a landscape company and was never there. The tricky part is that this guy is pretty nice and someone who I buy plants and stuff from. Oh well. Guess can't win them all. I have pics of the house but can't post them because they were taken at to high of quality.
  2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Congratulations. What size property is it? I would not worry about taking it from the other guy. You got the job fair and square, no low balling.
  3. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

It's about 65,000sqft. About half that is mowing. The rest is flower beds and trees and house. Its huge. Sold for over $1.5 million. In southeast Iowa thats like a $4 to $5 million elsewhere. I'll take some pics here in a couple weeks. She wants to get leftover leaves off the lawn, (even though I spent 16 hours doing it in the fall) but its too wet right now. Besides have to get new gate codes.