Most Hours on Kawasaki Motor

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by morgaj1, Mar 24, 2010.

1. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

ok, 3400 hours is crazy!!! that's really getting your moneys worth. I have a 26LC with just under 950 now, trying to maintain it to death...I'd love to come close to that 3400hrs. it's hard for me to even think about buying anything but a kawi.
  2. cdjones

cdjones LawnSite Member

i just bout a gravely z with the 24 hp kawi...are you guys running the kawi oil? and how bout change intervals? kawi has a program you run their oil and they double the warrenty my warrenty is 3 years...thus i get six sounds good to me...what ya think?
  3. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

i have a cub with 24 hp b&g 189 hours,and gravely with 24 kaw 19.9 hours and the kaw has lots more power
  4. John deer Z

John deer Z LawnSite Senior Member

I have 1975 hrs on my 19hp Kaw.
  5. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

19hp with 3423 hours, it has paid for it's self I would say.
  6. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

what the hell is a b&g
  7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

He probably meant briggs and stratton.
  8. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 15kawi with 600hrs a 23 with 950hrs and a 27liquid cooled with 2500hrs. never had any major issues. never had a kohler. i was told that a guy had a friend with the liquid cooled and it went 5000hrs ?
  9. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

my kaw liq cooled on my tiger failed at 1900 hours...i will never own another
  10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I have mostly Kawasaki engines on my equipment with some Kohler and Griggs also, they just have a few hundred hours !! However, generally speaking, the Kawasaki engines seem to be good for about 2,500 to 3,000 hours on average ... assuming that you keep them well maintained. However, some will have a shorter life and some will have a longer life.