Most hrs on a liquid cooled mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitycut, Feb 1, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

What are the most hrs some of you guys have on you liquid cooled gas motors on mowers with out to many problems. I am looking at a 02 26hp kawi liquid cooled on an Exmark to add and it has 1500 hrs for about 3700.00
  2. scottm1

scottm1 LawnSite Member
    from Mo

I have a whopping ****98.6**** hours on my LC 29 hp Kawasaki and no problems!!!!!!!! LOL I realize this is not the reply you were looking for, but nobody else responded with any big numbers.
  3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

400 hrs and counting
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont know how much help this is but its superbowl sundayand slow here, so I have a 04 exmark lazer with a 27hp air cooled kohler. It has almost abou 2900 on it with no problems so far other than like clutch,starter, battery.... No magor problems. They say liquid cooled will last longer, so there is a start. I change the oil and filter every 50 hours.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

1200 on a 17 hp Kawasaki...both heads leak just a little fluid

6. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

26 kaw liquid- Not sure But I believe it was orginal motor.....3500 hrs Exmark
  7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

My buddy's 27 hp lc Kawasaki just blew at 1,000 hrs on a Lazer. I'm sure this is an exception though.
  8. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

man I would be pissed if my L/C blew at 1000 hrs also would be pissed if my air cooled blew at thos low hrs also
  9. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

@ 1500 hrs if it has been reasonably cared for there's another good 1000 hrs on it--the rest of the machine will be falling apart first.
  10. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i have seen one kaw 27 hp lc with over 2700 hr on was starting to foul plugs a leak down test showed the rings were wore out. this was on a 72" with a mulch kit. it was ran hard but mantiance was good. that engine you are looking at if took care of will be good to go. cant say enough good things about kaw's lc engines the air cooled ones are junk.