Most hrs on a ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jan 28, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Who has the most hrs on a fully functioning ZTR? Gas? Diesel? Just how long will they last if you keep repairing things such as spindles, pulleys, engine swap, etc. Will a diesel engine outlast the usable life of a ZTR? At what point is it not practical to keep running a machine. I'm seeing ZTR's on Ebay with 1800 hrs selling for some pretty good money.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have an 04 exmark lazer with a 27hp kohler on it with 2000 hours. To me it is as good as the day I bought it. Everything is in good working order. I wouldnt be surprised to get another 2000 hours, but I also wouldnt be surprised to blow the engine in another 1000 hours. Sometimes you never know. But I would never part with it for what some of the guys on this site would say its worth.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

A while back, I sold a Grasshopper 721D Diesel that was running great and had 3,200hrs. on it. I had used it as a backup machine for a year before I sold it. A homeowner has it now.

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

GeneGLS has a diese Walker w 3500+. We were comparing notes I have an

2001 mt-20 w 400. Edl

5. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I have an old cub cadet with 5,000 hours on it. It still has the orginal engine. This winter I made it my winter project and went through it and repainted it. Spent $250 on parts made it like new again.

6. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... I see no good reason why you can't get 5 ½ 000 to 6000 hours out of a good quality diesel machine that has been properly maintenanced and taken care of.

:)

7. NMS0219

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

This thread is for gas or diesel. Whats the best you can hope for with a gas engine?

9. NMS0219

I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has. I figured it would have went about 1,000 hours ago. I just use it as a back up now.

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I also had a Walker MT20GHS with 1850hrs on it when I sold it. The buyer still uses it every week and has a little over 2000hrs on it now. Still going strong.