Most Popular MR 16 Fixture

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by Chris J, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I'm putting a proposal together using Unique products. I was wondering what MR 16 is the best/most popular among the choices available. Is there pros and cons that make one rise above the others? The install has to be brass, so the copper choice is out. These will all be ground mounted up lights.
    As for wall washing, I'm assuming that the Starburst is the fixture of choice? But I'm curious about the even spread of light on a light colored surface due to the lamp assembly being mounted to one side of the reflector. Does this cause funky shadows or striations in the beam pattern on a wall?

Thanks.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Chris,

The Pulsar tends to be the popular choice amongst ur customers for a brass bullet light. The Probe however is a nice light should you want somethign a bit smaller and sleeker. Personally I always go with a Pulsar.

As for the Starburst, remember it has 2 sockets. A center mount for your MR16 which is included as well as a side mount socet for the T3 Xelogen lamp which is also included. The side mounted socket does not produce any ill effects, it is a side emmiting lamp anyway, so do not worry about any stirations or beam patterns on the wall. Plus here is a frosted lens for that should you have a super flat white wall which will pick up any beam line that is produced.

Let me know if you need anything else!!

Joey D.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i use the pulsar and love it.

4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Personally, I really like their mini-wash (Steller) and their tree lights (Lunar). The brass paths are very affordable and really look awesome.

5. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have used all the above mentioned except for the Lunar. They are all great. I am anxiously awaiting a shipment on some of the Lunar 6 brass path lights and think they will be a great alternative to the Mercury 7 paths. I have used the T3's more than the MR16's in the wall washers as I beleive the pattern looks better.

Keith

6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

7. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

You are correct I did mean Lancer!
    Lancer, Lunar,........I guess I'm just Looney!
    Thanks Joey!

Keith

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh the lancer 6 and 4 are great lights.