Most powerful backpack blower as of Sept. 2012?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mattwalter85, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I understand we also have stihl dealers everywhere. Husquvarna isn't hottest item but they're taking some ground.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

For those who don't know this-
    Husky owns Redmax, but Redmax makes Husky's blowers to Husky's design specs. That's why there are certain differences between the two brands.

I've run them all at one time or another. The Husky/RM's are the top of the heap in power. The Shindy 802 is an excellent blower, but for the size of its engine. it doesn't perform as well as it could/should. Plus, the numbers for the Shindy can be confusing and misleading. They have two different nozzles for it, one for higher CFM at lower MPH for moving large piles of stuff, and the other is more narrow so that it provides higher MPH at lower CFM's for getting stuck down crap loose. The numbers GOLDPRO posted are a combination of the best of both tubes, but that's not the way it works, and it's why I said the numbers can be confusing.

See the specs for both nozzles here-
    http://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/Products/Blowers/EB802RT.aspx

Last fall I demo'd all of the big BP's on real world debris because the specs don't always tell the whole story. For me the Husky 570 was the best of the bunch. It has high CFM's at high MPH (770 FCM, 236 MPH). The high MPH is very useful for scouring wet leaves and dirt loose, but it has more than enough CFM for anything. I have a BR600M as well, and it is an excellent blower,with lots of power, but I still prefer the Husky.

I chose the 570 over the RM 7500 because the shoulder strap/harness system is a lot better, it has a better system to remove the air box cover, and the handle can be adjusted for pitch. The only thing I don't like about the Husky blowers is the way the tube mounted handle is offset to the side of the tube instead of being directly over the tube's center.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  3. lindenwoodbil2013

lindenwoodbil2013 LawnSite Member

I found a dolmar 75.6 cc for 389 shipped.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

SHINDY 802!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!! But seriously folks, we can go back and forth about factory specs and side by side comparisons...... The max's and stihls and echo's... they all do what they are supposed to and that is blow grass or leaves or debris. The Shindaiwa 802(not the 802rt because that is tube throttle and who the hell uses tube throttle? Hip throttle all the way dummy!) is the most comfortable BP ever! Even with it being a few more pounds than the comp, it is so ridiculously comfortable.... And comfort is a big deal because when doing clean ups and having it on for more than a couple hours at a time, it is very important to be comfortable and be able to keep that thing on all day.....

5. GRPM LLC.

GRPM LLC. LawnSite Member

As soon as my Echo takes a sheeoott, I will be getting the Husky. I remember hearing about them last fall, and not a day later saw a crew roll up on a heavily leaf laden property, and 2 guys with the Husqvarna's blew the entire front and sides of the residential to the curb in no time. Both of those blowers going at the same time sounded like a jet engine. I actually stopped and watched for a bit, I was sold. Not to mention it will go with my newly purchased PZ 54. :D

6. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

absolutely true.... :weightlifter::weightlifter:

7. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

lol speed isn't everything. the CFMs keep the heavy debris moving.... BR 600:weightlifter::weightlifter:

8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Can not say anything about other brands except to say this spring I bought a BR 600 and have been very happy.

9. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl. Same mix for all the machines. Great quality. Super nice magnum br 600. I love it. Easy to get fixed anywhere. You never need to tho

10. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a BR600 magnum and a Redmax 8500 in the trailer. The 600 is light and I use it daily to blow off driveways.When fall time comes then the 8500 is what I use.There is ABSOLUTELY NO comparison in what they will move.The 8500 is a MONSTER!