most powerful backpack blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baddboygeorge, Sep 25, 2005.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i use the 8000 series redmax an they are awesome . i was in a stihl dealer the other day an he told me i needed to upgrade blowers to the br600 he said it had more power than the redmaxs . is this true let me know thanks george

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Do a search, there have been tons of comparison threads between the two blowers!

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes it is true and shindawa just put out the new 4-mix backpack with even higher stats. Power is not everything weight and comfort matter a lot more to me when I have one on for 5-8 hours per day in fall clean up season and that can last 5-8 weeks. In that category its not even close stihl wins hands down but if you’re into pain by all means try the other ones.

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd smack the dealer upside the head for wanting me to "upgrade" just because something more powerful came out.

From the specs yes the 600 is more powerful though.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer stihl equipment over others, but I think both are good from what I here. I think you would loose more money by selling or trading then you would see in performance. In my opinion I would wait and when the time comes maybe purchase a stihl and compare them.

6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

any more info on this shindaiwa? I heard in the spring maybe an 82cc engine.

7. kc2006

do a google search for the eb8510, its 79.9cc i think. says something like 953cfm, somewhere around there.

I emailed shind to get the cfm at the pipe and when they'll be available.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Until Shindaiwa releases the specs on their new blower it can not be assumed that those specs are with the tube. As has been pointed out numerous times the tube on the Shindaiwa would need to be considerably larger than it appears to be in order to flow 945 CFM at 203 MPH.

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Had one on my back yesterday did not have it on the dealer was there after hours helping me I was not there to buy a new backpack. So I am not certain of its output but it was noticeable heavier then the new stihl br600 and she stuck out in the back much further just like the redmax 8000.

10. kc2006

The tube doesn't have that big a play in the factor. Its just like turbochargers, the larger the housing the more cfm its going to pump. For example, the br600 making 1012cfm at housing and 712 at the pipe is a difference of 300 cfm. The 8000 makes 943 at the housing and 688 i believe at the pipe a difference of 255 cfm. The pipe is not what is effecting the out put of the blower, in fact the pipe on the remax is more effiecent because as it tapers down it creates more pressure to keep the flow up (just like in a stepped race exhaust).

I looked at pictures of the shind and I'm almost positive it will be 945 at the housing, the housing design is way smaller then the stihls and it looks to be the same shape as the shind. The stihls advantage is the housing, they use a 63 or 68cc engine only but that housing is so effiecent, I personally don't like the tube on the stihl and think its its downfall, that blower could put out probably upper 700cfm's with a good stepped tube. But yea I agree, the shind will be about the same as the 8000 only.