Most powerful blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevenf, Dec 6, 2009.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

The blower I have right now isnt exactly the most powerful and I only plan to get larger properties as the business grows. Ive read good things about the stihl BR600. Is it easy to start? Is it the most powerful?

I have noticed that the more powerful equipment I buy, the harder they are to start(2 stroke). My Redmax trimmer takes about 7-10 pulls and about 20 sec to warm up. If I can avoid this annoiying flaw it would be nice.
  2. borwicks

borwicks LawnSite Senior Member

???I have never had this problem. even after sitting with gas in the tank over winter. never more then 3 pulls to fire. I use redmax 7001 and 8001, redmax trimmers as well. use premium gas, synthetic oils at 50:1.
  3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The new stratocharged are pure garbage
  4. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

ebz8001 ...... never more than 2 pulls when cold....1 when warm.
  5. bigredd

bigredd LawnSite Member

My BR600 starts easily and has very nice power over the full throttle range. It's also easy of fuel, llite and very comfortable to use. Shindaiwa EB802RT would be my top choice for a 2 stroke, due to it's weight, comfort, power and proven reliability.
  6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

My new br600 often time starts in one pull but never more than 3. But I have only had the blower for 2 months. But even my stihl 4-mix trimmer I bought 2 years ago starts in under 3 pulls.
  7. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

My ebz7001 and 8001 both take several pulls when cold and require about a minute to warm up at each property. They also run like crap in hot weather....and they're heavy/bulky. Running high octane doesn't help. They get the job done, but they're priced as top-of-the-line blowers. I prefer the br600 (as long as it has the dual fuel pickups) and that will be my next blower(s).
  8. Kriptkeeper

Kriptkeeper LawnSite Member

I use the BR600 and would put them up against RedMax any day of the week. However there is a new blower out by Shindaiwa that puts out 100 more CFM than the BR600 or Redmax. My Br600 starts on first pull everytime. When it is warmed up you hardly have to tug it at all. for specs
  9. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

the most powerfull blowers actually dont start at all. They're pto driven :D

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

my br600 is a year and a half old and i use the hell out of it. always starts right up when cold choke it and pump primer a few times and 1 or 2 pulls, when warm one pull every time