Most Powerful Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by JohnDeere757, Jul 7, 2007.

1. JohnDeere757

JohnDeere757 LawnSite Member

This is my second year cutting grass with my brother and we currently are using Stihl FS250R's and they are really powerful Weedeaters, but living in NC we do a lot of trimming banks and such. I was wondering if they make a more powerful trimmer? I wish I could turbo the 250's or something. :hammerhead:

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you can put a spool on a 350, 450K, or 550, then they probably don't have a more powerful "grass" trimmer than you've already got. 40cc pretty much tops the market for 'trimmers' when you talk about names like stihl, tanaka, and redmax.

3. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

Shindaiwa has a B450 ( 41.5cc) that they rate at 2.3hp but it weighs 5.5 lbs. more than your FS250R.

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

kawsaki kgt27a is incredible.

5. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i recently got the t230 shindaiwa trimmer. its baout 350$ ..but it will never go out on you.i did a job that took about 9 hours to do and the only time it stopped was when it was empty on gas. i would recommend this trimmer. with the speed feed trimmer head. in that job i didnt replace my line once. get the round line that they offer .095

6. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You can put a head on the 350,450, qnd 550 Stihl.
    The others that were mentioned are weaker than the 250 that you already own.

7. TurfGuysInc.

TurfGuysInc. LawnSite Member

9hrs, what were you trimming?

8. Jay74

Jay74 LawnSite Member

I would have to recommend the Stihl FS 130, 36.3 cc 4-mix with loop or bike handle. Loads of torque compared to the 40 cc two strokes and lighter.

On caveat... you have to run the Stihl Ultra oil and always use fresh fuel with no alcohol.

9. JJG84

JJG84 LawnSite Member
    from OH-IO

shindaiwa's are the best.

A landscaper friend of mine (my former landscaping educator) who owns a large LCO has been using the same shindaiwas for approximately 6-7 years now and they are powerful as can be.

Another friend owns a powerful stihl, I've used it a couple times but

I have found that the shindaiwa is surely a better product then the stihl

I own a lower model shindaiwa and it can be considered to be a monster weed eater