1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Most powerful w/b blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Oct 25, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I think its about that time now that everyone starts talking about blowing leaves.

I think its pretty unanimous that the RedMax 8000 is the backpack with the most balls, but what about w/b units? I don't have one and I think this fall might be a good time to purchase one, what is voted the most powerful out there? I probably don't need all that power but I'm a little curios too.
  2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the LW 13 Honda that is a monster. I think Fradan has a 16HP Vangaurd model too.
  3. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I just picked up a BG 13 HP honda. It blows down trees!!!
  4. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

Billy Goat has a 16hp vangaurd in either push or 5 speed s.p. w/reverse, about 6300 cfm. It will move a cement block across a parking lot.
  5. LawnBoy89

I just saw the Fradan today. HOLY CRAP. Huge, I believe they make 2 models, one has 18 HP and is self propelled, they didn't have one in stock though. All sold out. Wow, now I just have to see if I want to spend 2g's on a blower.
  6. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta spend a lot to make a little...... i hate it too.
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

13 HP Billygoat for us but better get a drive on unit if you plan to get a much heavier unit, it is hard to push across grass.
  8. LawnBoy89

Yea, I hear it is pretty hard. But to be honest with you, I was pushing hte 14hp and then the 16hp, and no lie the 16hp felt so much easier to push even though it looks twice the size. It's so big but it has good size tires and seems like it woudlnt be too tough but if I'm going to spend that much I guess it would be worth the extra couple hundred for the self propelled.
  9. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Is this "Giant" Fradan a Hydro or Gear drive?

10. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

LITTLE WONDER hands down! I have a 2003 Little Wonder w/ 10HP Briggs Intek I/C engine and I love it! It has unbeleiveable power and is extermely reliable!!! If you truly want the best w/b blower on the market, get a Little Wonder!:cool2: