Most powerfull 70db blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsanteto, Sep 15, 2003.

1. tsanteto

tsanteto LawnSite Member

Living in the peoples republic of Montgomery County Md has forced a lurker to seek help. Our county has a law stating that it is unlawfull to operate a backpack blower with rating above 70 db at 50 ft. The only one that comes to mind is the Solo 472 at 68 db. I don't know the end of pipe performance of this unit. Dose anyone know? Any other models that meet the 70 db barrier. Thanks in advance.
    Ted

2. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Try a Red Max EB4800z. Low noise and the most power in its class.

3. 4734

4734 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

The Stihl BR 340L claims to be at 69dB.

4. byoung

byoung LawnSite Member

Listen these things are no joke. LOW db (64 for the 471 - a little more for the 472 ) and you are talking like 235mph/700+cfm for the 471 and even more for the 472.

I mean if quietness is the ONLY thing that you want maybe there are some other choices but if you can get under 64db and one of the most powerful blowers made - end of story.... than get the solo. To be honest, I bought mine thinking only of getting a really strong blower, the quiet factor is just a bonus. Nice, nice piece of equipment...

5. byoung

byoung LawnSite Member

Oh yeah, and ALL measurements from the SOLO company are usable, end-of-pipe measurements... check out their website....

6. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

Hi Byoung,

How would you say the Solo compairs to the BR600?

7. byoung

byoung LawnSite Member

In my opinion, probably better... Listen, there are a lot of people around with a million different criteria for liking or not a particular piece of equip...

This solo just blows! It can make a brick dance (not just slide) across my driveway, it's quiet, uses so little gas that I take it off of my back to check... You know? I don't know about other people's brand loyalty, I don't really have one... But the 471 is in use all the time. I do the BR600 more to justify my purchase of the damn thing - Usually I give it to my guy though, which should say something. I don't know, try one for yourself... I would only say that I've found that guys that like the noise always say that these things are no good... But if you like moving leaves, wet leaves, sticks, rocks, sticks etc, this is an almost unbelievable value.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

http://www.shindaiwa.com/nam/en/products/blowers/eb8510_eb8510rt.php

States 75db and a "hush mode" for noise sensitive areas, but they do not state what the db in "hush mode" is. Might call up Shindaiwa and ask them. It would be a good unit to have for areas where you can run it full blast, but still "hush" it for the sensitive areas.

9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

My Redmax is "rated" @ 70 db. Fine blower for the money. :usflag:

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Get off of my turf! :laugh:

Frankly we use what ever we want. I think ours are rated at 72DB but I will have to check. I see guys every day that use Echo PB 400E which is an awsome blower and quite possibly the loudest blower on the market. The way I see it the mowers are louder than the blowers so whats the point? This area has gotten pretty bad hasnt it? :dizzy: