most profitable location

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Kings of Green LLC, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Kings of Green LLC

Kings of Green LLC LawnSite Member

What state would be the best place for lawn service? Based on mowing season, prices that can be charged and of course compition?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Hawaii?????

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I think its more about population density. I live in a vast metro area.(tampa Bay). High percentage of middle and higher class. Big college town with lots of apartment complexes. I'm amazed how some guys try to start up in small 30k townships. Its gotta be cutthoat. I have a lot of other LCO's here but they don't last long and done really represent competition. Just a nuisance that can be overcome with salesmanship.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kings of Green LLC

How about this when someone says they think a certain area would be perfect for a lco a owner from that area will share his thoughts!!!????
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

What in the dickens does that mean?

6. BLC24

BLC24 LawnSite Member

yeah, because people love competition! The guy in the previous thread gave you good advice.

7. BLC24

BLC24 LawnSite Member

Alaska. Straight up the best.

8. Kings of Green LLC

This thread should be called cabin fever. Just wondering if there is life outside Kansas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kings of Green LLC

Your joking about Alaska ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BLC24

BLC24 LawnSite Member

yeah, I'm not serious about Alaska, and there is life, outside of KS. I have no idea what the best would be.