Most profitable piece of equipment:

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike payne, Mar 20, 2002.

1. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

What was the most profitable piece of equipment you ever purchased for your business?

STSLAWNCARE14 Banned

it will have to be my case 590m backhoe
  3. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

It would have to be going from 4 21" comercial mowers to my first deck mower three years ago definitally
    AK Lawn
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

id guess its my craftsman tractor, pics can be viewed on my website, its served from plowing snow, to hauling heavy landscape material.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Shindaiwa Power Broom for getting stones out of the lawn from snowplowing. God I love that thing.
  6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Probably my truck, because without it, I wouldnt be going to any jobs.
  7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i got to say my trailer, cause there is almost nothign you can't do with it, hual anything you want and you are alwasy using it
  8. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

For me, I would have to say its my old Billy Goat brush cutter. Bought it 3 years ago, in need of repair and not running. Did some welding and painting and got a used plain old Briggs engine for it. Stands me about $ 400. It just keeps working and making good money for me during the off seasons. I mow mostly "cluster communities" in rural areas. They usually have land beyond the lawns that looks much better thinned, and brush cleared. One job leads to another.
  9. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

Besides my truck and trailer, I view these as a needed item to have, but as far as equipment goes it has to be my aerator and dethatcher..

Ramirez Landscaping Co.
  10. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

Mine would have to be my Billy Goat leaf loader. I do alot of leaf jobs.