Most rewarding part of job???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jun 28, 2002.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Excluding $$$$$$$, what's the most rewarding aspect of your profession?? For me, it would have to be taking over a new account and get it looking like a golf course and then the customer comments, "The yard has never looked better".

LAWNS AND MOWER

2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The aspect you mentioned is very rewarding, so is the feeling of benefiting, directly, from the effort that I put in.

3. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Excluding the money aspect, I would have to say getting compliments on the quality of my operation and the work we do. I also love to hear people tell me I have good, friendly employees, and they like dealing with us. I've worked hard to get where I am today, it's nice to get compliments. Mike

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Not having to sit in an air conditioned office all day. I love the outdoors, that's why I love this job!!!

5. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

The $$$ is rewarding.....hmm I am doing something wrong infour years...I still make enough to get by and thats about it.......making a living in 8 months only is rough....or at least for me....rewarding...well I do stay in great shape...maybe because I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and make enough to eat once or twice.....

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Being the boss. Can't beat that.

7. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

On the mowing/maintenace side I like the instant gratification. On the landscaping side my most rewarding part is to hear customer say WOW! we had no idea it would look this good. We just finished a job this afternoon that was very extensive and diversified. The customers were tickled pink. That makes me feel WONDERFUL!

Oh yeah, and getting paid for it.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would say referrals. It's really nice when you land a new account and you ask the person how they got your name. And they say, "well, I know so-and-so and they gave me your name and said you do excellent work".

Those kinds of comments help me get through the day...

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Yeah, when they tell you "the yard has never looked better, blah, blah,blah..." has to rank right up there with counting all the dough...and being your own boss is very rewarding too. No one to blame but yourself...heheh.

And being able to refuse to do certain jobs too. That's what I like about being the boss. :D