Most Suitable Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by darkhelmet, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Its just cheap at $100 and not user friendly at all and no customer support at all.

2. darkhelmet

darkhelmet LawnSite Member

I have looked at this Landscapebilling.com. The online idea seems interesting but the program seems to be geared toward billing rather than scheduling. Do you use it for Scheduling? How do you find it works for days that have 40-50 jobs? Also how does it designated whether or not a job actually got done?

3. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

For one thing they have added other things that run in the background, it took 8 min one day, 11 another just to open and get to the point of being able to enter my checks that came in. every time I open it I get a switch to error.and then it opens up my start menu on the computer. somtimes 2 times of this. I use preprinted invoices on the customers I print out, and use a different invoice template on those I email. so just try to handle that one. I have to go in and change the invoice on the previous one to the one I want to use or i might be sending invoices without my name and logo and other info. The customers set for email also come up in the print form as well, so i'm emailing them and QB wants me to print them as well. Will QB help with these issues, no my 30 or 90 days from purchase is up. Is there anything else you want to hear? sorry I think 1 software, 1 company to deal with, and all year tech support is what i'm looking at.

4. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Let me see if I can help a little. There shouldn't be a reason your e-mail invoice and printed invoices should be different. make life simple for yourself. When you save your invoice you check on the bottom left corner if you want that to be printed or e-mailed. Once you have run your batch of invoices you can then e-mail the whole batch.

On another note to everyone else I just picked up QuickBook Customer manager and will give a full review in the next week. This hooks up with quickbooks and also has the ability to set appointments on 7,10, or 14 day or any other spacing you would like so that they are reoccurring for the season.

5. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Now a big question I have if anyone knows this.......is it a possibility to enter in one customers name and then has different services for that client. Lets say that they are a plow client and mowing client, no fert. Is there a way in Quickbooks to be able to say show me a list of all plow clients, or all mowing clients only?

6. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

7. bnclawncare

bnclawncare LawnSite Member

I have been using Gopher Software, pro edition, for two years now and I have not had any problems with it, as of yet. It was slightly difficult to learn all of the features at first, but after you get the hang of it, its simple.

www.bnclawncare.com

8. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I'm just full of cheesy posts today. First one was that I mentioned I printed my own business cards, and now, I have to admit that I use MS Excel to handle my invoices, payroll, and scheduling, lol.

But, it works for what I need it to do. I have one file per client, and then all my client files are linked to another file that tells me what they owe, what services are coming up that I have promised to do by a certain date, etc. QB is a bit over the top for my needs. I do my own taxes as well (by hand) and it only takes me a couple hours to compile everything: two vehicles, three part-time staff, equipment maintenance logs, vehicle maintenance logs, etc.

I can even factor in what I'll owe on taxes to give me a rough estimate on what I've made up to any specified date throughout the year. It took me a few hours to get the Excel sheets set up, but now it works fantastic, and no, it's not for sale.

9. bnclawncare

bnclawncare LawnSite Member

I used to do exactly the same, except I spent more than a couple of hours at the computer each day. I have to admit that the software is a good investment. It really saves the hours spent at the computer.

www.bnclawncare.com

10. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Even during peak season, I open all the clients from that day, enter in the info and I'm done. A lot of things I have automatically carry over. I set up multiple sheets, one sheet per month and then the a year end sheet, and the year end sheet gets transferred (linked) to another file so total calculations are done within minutes.