Most unusual call I got in a long time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Sep 10, 2007.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Had a call this afternoon from a lady wanting to ask about lawncare. I thought "oh boy, first new call I had in months". I called her back and she told me she had saw me doing a yard on her street, had gotten the phone number off my sign (first call ever got from the sign). I told her I would come by and give her a price tommorow. "Price" she says, I thought you could do it for free since you are only a few houses down. You can just ride your mower on down to my place, its not all that much mowing and weedeating and would be a big help to me. I tried to maintian my composure and told her "Ma'am, I dont cut yards for free". She informed me again that it would not take me long and I knew I was fixing to lose it and just said bye and hung up. I was thinking of other insulting offers I have had over the years but this one takes the cake!! What the h**l are people thinking?!
  2. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

Haha. That takes the cake.
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

I guess as long as I have done this nothing should surprise me:dizzy:
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You sure get your share of them Danny :laugh:
  5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

you sure that's not someone you know just messing with you? i mean some people are stupid but that's just way out there.
  6. QualityLawnCare4u

No, the name on the ID was not someone I know and the addy she gave me was just a few house down. That did cross my mine for a split second but I don't know anyone that would pull crap like that on me. It has been one rough year and my sense of humor is not real good right now:) and the folks who know me would know that I would not find that funny at all.
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I congratulate you on keeping your composure lol Bad enough with the drought that you have to deal with insanity to boot.
  8. QualityLawnCare4u

Yeah but if I had not hung up that was fixing to change! We have gotten some badly needed rain lately but still need a whole lot more. Guess the heat has brought out the idiots needing lawn care.
  9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

.... While your at it, why dont you just keep going, you can stop by Charles' place, then Quality's place, Mikes, Rods, then my place. You're almost there anyway, not really a big deal! LOL.
    The ones I hate the worst are those who figure I must be making a million bucks, b/c they see me running errands during the day, after I skip a few lawns from it being so dry. They think I only work a couple days a week.
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We only had .50 inch last month and none since then. Depressing situation around here. Not much in July either, but I was still cutting something. I got a rare new call the other day and the customer spent 1 hour and 15 minutes of my time yapping. Seeing how I didn't have anything else to do it didn't really matter. Still got on my last nerve LOL:rolleyes: :cry: