Most versital zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bagit, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Any opinions? I'm sure there will be plenty... My vote goes to dixie chomper:rolleyes: Because of one little add on from them. The chute blocker is the best accessory money can buy. Flip it down from the seat when needed, flip it back up and let it fly. No more grass where you dont want it. Awsome..
  2. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I think any of the major brands are a toss up with the after-market parts that are available for them. Ford vs Chevy to me....

3. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't realize how nice chute blockers are until you've used one. I've got them on everything. Mine were custom made by a welder I know to save a few bucks.

As for ZTRs, I prefer Exmark. They sell 2 to 1 over the next leading brand. :waving:
  4. slowpoe

slowpoe LawnSite Member

I have a 26hp Walker with 48GHS & 62" side discharge & a 23HP Yazoo/Kees
    Midmax 61"

In my comparison the walker is more versital

Better on hilly terrain, better cut on uneven lawns , less turf damage

more manuverable, trims around things much better & faster & pickes up the leaves in the fall & it has many more attatchments
    And yes I no it is slower than the midmount z's

The Yazoo is nice & fast on the flat out bigger mowing areas

Both have there place & it all depends on the type & size of the lawns you have & your budget
    Walker with both decks $12000
    yazoo/Kees left over 2004 modle 23HP kawasaki 61" cut $5500

I am keeping track of time on each lawn I do on each machine to see which one saves me time I love keeping track of #'s

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Ive used Exmark's, Scag and Toro's and our new Gravely.....I like the Gravely the best, why?....The vacuum is incredible, there could be a bit more power but now that the grass is manageable it tares through it, its very comfortable w/the suspension seat and it leaves one of the best finishes Ive ever seen. One thing I DONT like about it...the price for blades!!!!! $30.00 EACH!;)
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys need to check out the Everrides! Awesome decks...awesome cut.. great machines. You couldnt clog this thing if you try.
  7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I wished we had a dealer around here, I would have loved to demo one. Its like they took a ton of good ideas from everyone elses mowers and combined them and tweaked it a little more.:waving:
  8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly! And rumor has it...Honda actually designed it. Dont know if it's true. But either way...this thing will cut nice lawns...and weedy lawns--and im talkin some pretty tall weeds, and Ive never once had to double cut. Too bad you dont have a dealer that carries them. Maybe soon they will? I think you'd like the demo...
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

really...says who?
  10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well if you are talking the most versatile, able to handle the widest variety of tasks..

My vote goes to the stander-type mowers like Wright, Dane, Gravely.