Motion control

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Rainman7, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Does anyone know of any motion control produts that can be used with low voltage lighting?

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

James posted something a while back. Give me a second I will try to find it. I think I saved the link on my other computer

3. S&MLL

4. ccfree

ccfree LawnSite Member

Check out ABT (advanced bridging technologies) as they just came out with a wireless motion sensor. You can also look at the dominator by Nighscaping. Hope this helps.

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

You could hire me. I will just stand back in the shadows by the house, cleverly concealed by some bushes or trees. When I see movement I can turn my flashlight on the moving object. This is 'Smart' technology! Well.....maybe not!

6. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Craig, do you know if the motion sensor controls one fixture or a whole transformer, maybe something in between?

Kirk

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

8. S&MLL

Dreams It all comes down to how many watts the sensor can handle. If its a 300 watt trans and a 300 watt sensor then your good to go. But the only times I can see them being used are for 1 or 2 down lights along a trail. After Tim's comments on abt Im a little worried about installing their products. Also on a sidenote. Dreams would you like to meet up and have lunch this winter?

9. S&MLL

I went to ABT's website and could not find info on the motion sensor

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

RAB makes a 12V motion sensor, but it is only rated to 75W or so.