Motion Sensor Floods

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jshimmin, Jan 15, 2010.

1. jshimmin

jshimmin LawnSite Member

Anyone have a source for quality motion sensor fixtures? I get asked all the time by customers to swap out or add one in an area that LV just is not the right solution.

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Just this past November I pulled down 4 of the most rugged, complex and high quality motion floods I have ever seen. Sorry I did not keep them... left them behind for the client to deal with.

I think if you look to the better manufacturers, Cooper (Keene), Lightolier, etc you will find some top end models to choose from.

Regards

3. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

Line voltage motion lights? They all rot. At least the ones that I have found at my electrical suppliers. Cheap or expensive, it has reached the point that if the customer is insisting on motion lights I read them the riot act on animals, wind, rain and any other thing that makes them go off (or not come on when you want them to). A lot of the other electrical contractors refuse to supply them and if they do it is only a 30 day warranty on the fixture.

4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

we are currently testing the RAB unit at Nate's house and the ABT Wireless sensor looks to be next for us.

6. Lite4

I have a couple of ABT motions out there. It was a little confusing getting the correct wiring configuration for our application but they are working fine so far though. I can't wait for their new photocell and wireless relay.

7. jshimmin

jshimmin LawnSite Member

I have several customers that want all possible means of triggering the systems - Astronomical timer, motion and remote on/off faub or keypad.

8. Lite4

Check out what ABT has to offer.

9. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

.........or Powerline Control Systems UPB products...........