Motivating factors

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by pete scalia, Dec 2, 2007.

1. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

What are the greatest motivating factors that get your customers to hire you to do their outdoor lighting?

Status?
    Safety?
    Other?

Why are they buying outdoor lighting?

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Guiding visitors to their front door.
    Extending their living space outdoors.

3. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

My ads, my trucks or a referral get them to call, but it is because of me that they hire me. I am extremely confident, have been in the business for a while, i know my craft, I do what I say I am going to do, when I say I am going to do it. I am a great listener and I deliver. I sell the job by being myself. My customers do not want to be educated. They want to know enough to know I am the one. I am in control of what a client sees, hears, and experiences about my business. (or about as in control as one can be) It is everything from my trucks being clean, neat and orderly, my empoyees being in a uniform, custom forms, website, ads, to how I answer the phone. I pay for my guys haircuts, I make them shave, we run a tight ship, so to speak. But it is me that motivates a customer to use my company.

4. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mean why are they buying from you . I mean why are they buying outdoor lighting. What is their reason. What are they looking to accomplish?

5. The Lighting Geek

OK, so I'm a bonehead! :hammerhead: LOL My customers want to finish 'the package'. Some entertain, but most just want have that ambiance that great lighting provides. We always cover the safety and security aspect and build it into the portrait. I deal mostly in high end custom homes and they already spent a good amount on everything else but it is lacking something, lighting and usuability after dark.

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

My clients tell me that they want lighting because it "just sets everything off". It's the icing on the cake, so to speak. They want people to see what their home looks like after dark, they don't want it to just disappear into the darkness.

These are the things that I hear most from my clients or prospective clients.

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

The buy from the lighting geek becuase he gets out of the truck looking like a commando. They are so afraid he is going to take them hostage they just do whatever he wants them to do!!!LOL

I love you Tommy!!! Waiting for that Geek Vest!! LOL

8. The Lighting Geek

Joey,

It's not just the assault team look thats gets them, it's when I do the Geek Rap that seals the deal!

Sittin on the patio,
    Hangin with the daddio,
    You and your wife keep havin fights,
    Cuz fool! Your landscape ain't got no light!
    There is one dawg you gotta meet,
    It's my Homie G, The Lighting Geek!

PS It is now available on CD LOL

9. The Lighting Geek

Joey,

They think I'm kidding....

10. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

they don't want it to just disappear into the darkness

That's great, Paul!

Tom, I'm dying to see that SWAP vest. I already bought an LED head light.