1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

motor for turf tiger

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by north in south, Apr 26, 2007.

1. north in south

north in south LawnSite Member

I have a early 2000 turf tiger with a blown 22hp l/c kawasaki. The motor is missing parts so a rebuild is out of the question. I bought it like this. Should I do a direct replacement or upgrade? The price of the motors are the close. I have had good luck with both kawasaki and kohler. The only concern I have with an upgrade is the crank size and wiring harnest. The crank on it has a 1-1/8x3-5/32. Will a motor with a 3-3/4 or longer be ok? Will other kawasaki hook up to the harnest? I hear the throtle and choke cables are the same for kawasaki and kohler. I would appreciate any help you guys can give. thanks
  2. fireman649

fireman649 LawnSite Member

I would stay with the same motor, they are very dependable as long as you keep them maintained. Try tulsaenginewarehouse.com for prices, they are very good.
  3. north in south

north in south LawnSite Member

That is were I'm looking. The mower came with a belt driven bagger, I don't want to pay $1900 then come to realize I need more hp.