motor graders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by westcoh, Jan 11, 2010.

1. DeereMan85

DeereMan85 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Must have been pretty old - we can still get parts for ag and lawn & garden stuff dating quite a ways back.

2. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with cat. We run our 140G on a daily basis, one strong machine, parts are no prob to get when it breaks down, withch rarely does. I would love to get in the seat of a new M series grader nice looking machine.

3. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

I'll try and find out in the morning after I get done salting

4. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

Where exactly in Alberta are you?

5. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

Just outside of Edmonton.

6. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Couldn't find the year so I snapped a pic but its just a crappy cell phone pic I had a camera with me but I forgot the memory card:hammerhead: Its a 772 A

Jan12_0002.jpg

7. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

How far just outside of Edmonton? Brandt Tractor is the Deere dealer, and if you are just outside the city, it should be just as easy dealing with them as with an ag dealer who isn't familiar with the construction products. Brandt is pretty good to deal with in my experience, and they could certainly get you the parts you'd need.

Now, that being said, I would stick with Cat myself. A nice 140G might be just what you are looking for. Is there a certain size of machine you will need? A 14 is a nice machine, but if you don't need that big of a machine, a 140 would likely do just fine for you.

8. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

What are you going to be using the grader for? For most stuff a 14 is overkill and a cat 140 or deere 870 would be a better fit. Depending on what your doing you might also want 6 wheel drive 143 or 872. Little info would help point you in the right direction.

9. westcoh

from Alberta

That's good to know about Brandt Tractor. Have you ever dealt with Finning in Edmonton before?

10. westcoh

from Alberta

I think a 140 would be a good size for me. The main use for it will be snow plowing.