Motor noise

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Coach, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Coach

Coach LawnSite Member

Have new Kohler 27hp. experienced a noise that sounds like the rod a hitting the vavle cover. Obviously it isn't that. That is the only thing I can compare it to. It normally works is self out after shutting mower off and re-start and working the throttle some.
    Only seems to happen on an account with very long rows. would carrying too much speed cause this.

Thanks....Coach

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Coach,

You really should get the machine into the dealership.

I'm not aware of any reason why making a long run would cause the engine to make noises similar to what youÂ’re describing.

If I recall correctly you were having a problem with the "mule drive" belt on your machine as well. You may want to check under the rear of the machine for any loose hardware. While your under there also take a look to make sure that the mule drive idler isn't making contact with anything.

If it is coming from the engine, my recommendation would be to get it inspected by an Exmark or Kohler technician.

Thanks

Terry

3. Coach

Coach LawnSite Member

Terry:
    Ever sense my dealer adjusted my pulley on the mule drive I have not had the problem that was posted previously. I mowed the yard that has been given me problems with the clicking sound, It did not occur today. I did not mow has fast trough tall grass, that seem to make a difference. I will still mention the problem with my dealer.
    Thanks.....Coach