1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Motor Options

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mikes PRO-LAWN, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Mikes PRO-LAWN

Mikes PRO-LAWN LawnSite Member

I'm about to purchase a new 60" Super Z, but I'm overwhelmed by all the different motor configurations available! My local dealer offers the following, if anybody has had experience with any of these please let me know!

25HP Kawasaki A/C
    27HP Kohler A/C
    27HP Liquid Cooled Kawasaki coming next month
  2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i have the 27 kohler a.c. on mine, plenty of power.
  3. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Both of ours have the 25 kawis.. The first one I bought didn't have the external air filter, man what p.i.t.a. That set up had to been one of the worst designs ever. We went through air filters like it was going out of style.... But they corrected with the external air filter, which is very nice..
  4. Mikes PRO-LAWN

Mikes PRO-LAWN LawnSite Member

I heard that the 27HP Kohler is a gas hog - true? I also heard that the exhaust on this engine will burn the turf if you leave it parked in one spot too long, have you experienced this?
  5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 27l/c kaw on turf tiger-LOVE that engine!!

I've seen that the super z has the motor in there -----eyed,I dont know if that might not be balanced as well on hills,I don't know??
  6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have the 25 Kawie and its not enough. Plus its tempermental to air filters and gas filters.

7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i havent noticed much difference in fuel consumtion compared to the deere ztr w/ 25 kohler i used to use. i rarely run through a full tank in a days time. i usually keep one of the tanks shut off and leave the left side on so its easy to fill up at the gas station. as far as the turf burn, i have experienced it. just caught on about two weeks ago. i just have to be a little careful. i did not have this happen during spring growth.