1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycle chains???

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by z_clark, Oct 26, 2006.

1. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for having a forum for your product! I got a can of fluid film from MowPart in yesterday and am getting trigger happy with it.

Any info on using this for motorcycle chains? - all business purposes of coerce! :laugh:

I currently clean the chain with WD40, wipe dry, then use a product "Chain Wax". The manual recommends 90wt oil.

2. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

OH, guess I should have gone to your site first....It shows the chain application right there :hammerhead:

Do you have any additional info? I try to lube the chain every 500 miles per them manual...maybe FF will extend that????

3. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Bike!

You know, as far as extending the maintenance schedule we have never given that a test on motorcycle chains, although I know how successful Fluid Film has been on extending the life of chains in different applications. I hope you will get back to me on what you discover.

The best way to apply Fluid Film to a motorcycle chain would be to warm it up a little and then spray it on. It will just soak right in.