Mouning a Velke on a 36" Wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Jul 13, 2004.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I just baught a new Velke for my 36"Lesco and when i went to mount it the pre-drilled holes were in the correct spots but when i put the bolts through they hit the trans pully. Should i drill two holes below the origionals or what about just welding the mounting plate directly to the frame. Experiences, suggestions would be much appreciated.

- Matt

2. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

can you run the bolts from the inside to the outside. Did that on my older JD GS series mowers. Did the same on the Exmarks so the bolts didn't interfere with any pullies.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

On my Exmark I had to put one of the bolts inside out so it wouldn't hit the pulley. I don't know anyone who has welded the plate on, but I suppose that would work.

Make sure you keep it as close to the recommended height as possible (11.5" I think) or it won't spin around right when you back up. I used one once that wouldn't spin around, it just got caught up in the turf, was a big pain to back the thing up.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Or perhaps, can you cut the bolts off shorter? I have no idea how far they stick out, so I'm not sure if you would have enough thread or not. I just thought I'd throw this out as a suggestion.

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Just get a shorter grade 5 bolt.

6. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

i tried to run the bolts from the inside out but one of the bolts won't even go in by doing that, it stil hits the pully so i think i mite try and file the hole to be a bit larger to get the bolt in. You guys think that would work or just weld?

7. shiznitttt

shiznitttt LawnSite Member

I would try everything else before boring a bigger hole, or welding something on. I think that you could get a shorter bolt, or file the bolts you have down to make them short enough to work.