1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mountain ash fire blight

Discussion in 'Fertilizers, Pesticides and Diseases' started by Guest, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a customer with several Mountain Ash trees that have fire blight. There is considerable damge on some of them. The trees are between 10 and 20 years old. Does anybody have a plan of attack for Mountain Ash and fire blight besides spraying them with Streptomycin in the spring?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

From what I can see from your photo..... it looks like Fire Blight to me. Mountain Ash are prone to this disease.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, I am sorry I do not have an answer to your question, but was wondering if you could take a look at this picture, and see if it is fire blight on a clients european mountain ash. It is turning yellow and brown, the berries are drying up, and it is late summer. It has been very dry as well. It is a mature tree, maybe 10-15 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.