1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

mountain ash fire blight

Discussion in 'Fertilizers, Pesticides and Diseases' started by Guest, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a customer with several Mountain Ash trees that have fire blight. There is considerable damge on some of them. The trees are between 10 and 20 years old. Does anybody have a plan of attack for Mountain Ash and fire blight besides spraying them with Streptomycin in the spring?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

From what I can see from your photo..... it looks like Fire Blight to me. Mountain Ash are prone to this disease.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, I am sorry I do not have an answer to your question, but was wondering if you could take a look at this picture, and see if it is fire blight on a clients european mountain ash. It is turning yellow and brown, the berries are drying up, and it is late summer. It has been very dry as well. It is a mature tree, maybe 10-15 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kevin