Mounted a sprayer to my zero turn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by brichter14, May 11, 2014.

1. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I installed a reese hitch on my zero turn and mounted a bracket to an upside down drop hitch to hold the 25ga tank. I fixed a temporary boom to it untill i can fab a hinged one. It all came together pretty well. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Better bring a news paper. It's going to be a slow go to spray any decent size turf.
    Your not going to spray as you mow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

How many gallons per k is it using?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. brichter14

Measured it today at .83 ga per k. Did my yard today with trimec 899. Took like 30 minutes for .8 acre

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

How does the extra weight way out back effect your handling??? What about wet areas where the tail wheel is carrying a full tank????

I have done something similar on a Walker Mower, only the tank is in a more balanced place on the machine. I call mine the Ric A Green. BTW My first design had to be modified a few times before I got it right.

6. brichter14

I didnt really make this for commercial use since i dont have licensing yet. I really just didnt want to haul a 4 wheeler around. Anyways the handling is fine because there is a pretty even weight distribution with the deck out front. I doubt it would do well going up a wet hill but it already struggles wi that.

With the hitch attachment it does make a very quick connect/disconnect

7. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing the matter with that. I am curious. Can't tell how high the spray nozzle's are? Do they overlap any, or do they meet for an even spray for total coverage?

8. brichter14

I just redid the boom a bit. It is mounted at approx 27" off the cement. I have my nozzles 24" apart and they are 110* which recommend 20" spacing. But at that hight i get very even spray coverage with little overlap.

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I did same thing But I mounted my boom on the front so I could see it all the time Mine folds up 5ft with 2- 3' booms folds down I have 30 gal tank sets above my motor on My 50'' DC O yes I have a 125lb hopper spreader mounted to front to
    I apply 30gals to the acre

10. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device