mounting blowers and trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajy, Aug 22, 2001.

1. ajy

ajy LawnSite Member

i am currently sitting my 2 stihl blowers and one echo trimmer and one toro hedger in the back of my truck. i have mounted 2 trimmers but i don't like the setup. can any of you guys post pictures of how you mount your equipment. if no pictures then please discuss in detail how your blowers and trimmers are mounted on your trailers. i am buying a second trailer next year and this info would be very helpful. :)

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I use the trimmer trap to hold my Stihl's.

The blower rack is a trimmer trap also. They make one especially for the Stihl blowers.

3. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

What I did was make just a wood box on the front of my trailer, works good fairly inexpensive.I put it high enough i can still mower under the box.The box i made is open if you are looking towards your truck.The other sides are closed.I put my grass catcher cage, gas etc in the box.On the bootom i have eyebolts so i can lock my cage down.Hope this helps.Goodluck:p

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Open or enclosed trailer?

5. ajy

ajy LawnSite Member

open

6. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

Check out Trimmer Trap or Jungle Jim's site

7. Jay ALC

Jay ALC LawnSite Member

Trimmer Trap here, we use the trimmer trap rack for 3 trimmers and the combination boxes for blowers, hedge trimmers, or chain saws. Also they have the back pack blower mounts and tool mounts. All of these are available for open or enclosed trailers.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have a trimmer trap (2holder) and a br400 holder on my 5 by 10 big tex open trailer. they each have two bolts right through the rack and the angle iron. in my 8 by 14 enclosed trailer i have all green touch racks. they are in with self tapping screws.

9. Nick

Nick Banned

I have Green Touch racks and they make the same ones for an open trailer. Obviously they will be configured differently for an open trailer.

my pictures20002.jpg

10. Nick

Nick Banned

wrong one lets try again

my pictures20001.jpg